So here's the email I received on Tuesday of last week.
Dear Ms. Bounds
I understand that this week has not begun in a positive manner. In addition to what's happened, I know this is a busy time of year for the program. I wanted to take time to remind you of things you've done for me, as well as many others.
1. You pick good music to play......I truly appreciate your music selection.
2. You've ingrainted in me to always wait until my instructor (music or otherwise) is finished speaking, before I pack up.
3. You've taught me to have a pencil during rehearsal.
4. You've taught me to use that pencil during rehearsal.
5. You've made sure I have a tuner.
6. You've made sure I have a tuner during rehearsal/practice.
7. You've made sure I use that tuner during rehearsal/practice.
8. You've taught me that if I'm late, hustle. (I overslept today, and as I was running to class, I couldn't help but remember when I had to run to the field to be on time).
9. You've reminded me to be flexible like Gumby. (I need to work on this more).
10. You've taught me that it takes approximately 7 minutes before your instrument fully warms up.
11. You've made sure I know what concert F is.
12. You've made sure I know what concert A is.
13. You've made sure I go out into the world with knowledge of jazz standards.
14. You've made sure I listen to jazz.
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your day!