Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer Time Plotting & Scheming

Summer is my favorite season of the year. Always has been. I don't like the cold. I don't like wet. I like warm and I like vacation and summer activities. It usually takes me a few weeks to decompress for the charade that is the end of the school year. Once the dust settles I usually starting thinking about all the things I should do during the summer to get ready for the school year....now that I have all this time on my hands. I also have a bit of a workaholic mentality so its hard for me not to work all the time but I do need to take some down time to prevent massive burnout in the summer. With summer camp now over and my vacation to Seattle over I came up with an idea....

I get overwhelmed thinking about all the things I should to get prepped for the next year that I need to narrow it down to the top 5 things I could do this summer that would really help me get through next year:

#1-Finish organizing my music library

#2-Learn how to use noteflight so I can teach/use it next year

#3-Pick music for next year

#4-Write lesson plan outlines for the first 6-8 weeks of schools

#5-Finish fall materials (syllabus, 2012-13 budget, marching band field trip forms etc)

Tomorrow I launch into....the music library :)

No comments:

Post a Comment